Monday, October 8, 2012

Making Shaped Word Clouds-Tagxedo

I have found a new site that I am in love with.  It is tagxedo.  And yes it is FREE!
Click to go to this site.
This site helps create shaped clouds with words that you input.
Ready to Create?
1.  Load the words.  Add the same word more that once and that word will be larger in the final display. Use ~ to keep words together   Minnie~Mouse
2.  Choose your shape.  You can even upload a shape of your own.  I searched for an outline in images on the web.  Saved it to my computer and then uploaded in tagxedo.
3.  Many choices of colors are shown in themes.
4.  Save, print, or share.
It really is that easy. And yes it is FREE!
Of course I had to make my Tagxedo in the shape of Minnie Mouse.
Ways to incorporate Tagxedo in class:
  • Portfolio/Report covers 
  • Display words associated with a theme that the students are working on
  • Show character traits in reading
  • Practice spelling words
  • Mother's Day and Father's Day cards
  • Thank you notes
 
 
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.