Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Not At ISTE

The International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) is a nonprofit organization that serves educators interested in better use of technology in education. The jam packed conference this year was held is San Antonio, Texas.

As a member of the private google+ community (1,969 members) I discovered the group NOT AT ISTE17.  I soon was involved in all things ISTE but from home.
I loved the challenges posted daily.

First challenge was to create an introduction badge with ribbons.
I plan on using this idea with students in the fall using google drawings.

Live streaming made me feel like I was right there as I learned new things in the tech field.  How inspiring!



I was even a winner of a door prize while at home!



Another challenge was to connect with someone who was attending ISTE.  I sent MASS CUE president elect, Rayna Freedman a twitter request and she so quickly and kindly obliged.

Getting ready for my workshop


Thank you to everyone in the google community and everyone in the tweeter #notatiste17 feed.
I has been a blast learning along with you.

1 comment:

  1. How fun! You were very busy not being at ISTE. Where is ISTE next year? Is a trip in your future?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.